Norway Casinos Online
Norway is the country that is known not only for its beautiful fjords and waterfalls but also for its strict gambling legislation that leaves the players limited by only a couple of Norway casino sites. When you try to play real money casino slots in Norwegian online casino, you will notice that the choice of games is poor and the service is not that good too. Luckily, the players from Norway still have the access to some of the best online casino outside Norway even though the government tries to restrict the operation of the offshore casinos on the country’s territory.
The SlotsUp team knows everything about online gambling in Norway and is glad to share this information with you together with the list of the best online casinos for Norway players. So don’t get upset by the Norway harsh laws as you can still play in the online casino Norway for real money and get your well-deserved winnings. Just pick the online casino Norway from the list, create your account and get started!
Best Online Casino accepting players from Norway
Online Casino Sites in Norway
If you are the law-abiding player who wants to comply with all the Norwegian gambling laws, your only option is to play in one of two licensed internet casinos in Norway that offer a limited number of games and will hardly impress you with the new releases or casino offers. Those ready to slightly waive the laws will be surprised by the number of Norway friendly online casinos that are happy to accept the real money bets from the Norwegian players.
Even though the government discourages any betting activities in the top-rated online casinos, the players are never pursued and can enjoy playing the Norwegian free slots and real money games in any best Norwegian casino online that is ready to accept the deposit. And we are ready to help you with our own list of the Norway accepted online casinos that were all checked and approved. The top rated online casinos Norway from our list can be divided into three main groups:
- Regular online casinos. These are the good old Norwegian casinos online where you will find the basic set of games that usually includes classic and video online slots Norway, poker and other card games, roulette, scratch cards and so on. These casinos are available from PC and laptops and are popular among most of the players from all over the world.
- Mobile casinos. Technologies don’t stay at one place and mobile casinos are gaining more and more popularity every day. If you can pay your bills and order pizza using your smartphone, why don’t you play online casino in Norway from your phone too? Most of the best Norway casinos online are multiplatform and will work as good on your iPhone or Android as they do on your computer. Playing on a smaller screen can take some time to get used to but in the end of the day, you will have all the favorite online casino games in your pocket.
- Live casinos. Live casinos are the next step in the online gambling industry as they provide the full immersion into the online casino atmosphere and makes you feel like you are making bets not in the Norway casino online but in the brick-and-mortar casino somewhere in Vegas.
The live online casino games Norway are streamed from the special studios or the real casinos where the real people are dealing the cards to you and other online players. In such casinos, you can watch the dealing process, talk to other players in the online chats and do whatever you would do in the real casino (besides ordering a drink as you will have to mix it by yourself anyway). The choice of the top Norwegian online casinos that support live dealers is not that wide but you will still find a couple on our list.
All Norway online casinos from the SlotsUp collection have been checked by our team of the experienced players and gambling experts and are proved to be safe and reliable. You can pick any of the top 10 Norway online casinos as they all have several distinguishing features that make them stand out of the crowd:
- License. Every Norwegian casino online is licensed by the international institution. The casinos will not have the Norwegian license due to the country’s restrictions but you can be sure you are playing the fair Norway casino games online.
- Currency and language. The fact that the Norway government doesn’t want their citizens to play in the international online casinos doesn’t really stand on the casinos’ way. The top 10 online casinos Norway from the list are available in different languages including Norwegian and let you make deposits in several currencies so finding the NOK online casino is not a big deal anymore.
- Large choice of games. In our casinos, you will find the games on any taste starting from the classic 3-reel slots and ending with the state-of-the art roulettes and video poker games.
- Customer support. Another important point of the best online casino for Norwegians is that there is the responsive customer support ready to answer your questions. So if you don’t know how to create an account in the online casino in Norway or how to withdraw your first winnings, just ask the customer support and they will get you covered.
If you are looking for the best paying online casino in Norway, pay attention to the casinos like Betway, Slotsmillion, 32 Red or just pick a random one from the SlotsUp list. We are in a constant search for the Norway best online casino and often update this page with the new Norway online casinos so stay in touch and be the first to play in the best casino online in Norway.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in NorwayMany gamblers are wondering — is online gambling allowed in Norway? Even though the formal answer is ‘Yes, playing in the online casino in Norway is legal’, the real Norwegian online gambling laws are much more strict and complicated. The online gambling industry in Norway is operating under the state monopoly that only allows two operators provide online gambling activities — the Norsk Tipping is responsible for the state lottery and sports betting while the Norsk Rikstoto provides the horse betting in Norway. According to the online gambling Norway legislation, no one besides Norsk Tipping and Norsk Rikstoto has the online gambling license in Norway and can run the legitimate online casinos for Norway players.
The main online gambling laws in Norway are the Gaming Scheme Act and the Lottery Act where all the information about the gambling online in Norway is stated. The legal online gambling age Norway is 18.
The strict online gambling law in Norway caused a lot of discontent both among the players and the operators of the reputable online casinos outside Norway. Moreover, as Norway is not a part of the EU, European Commission can not dictate its rules as it does in other European countries. But it doesn’t look like the government cares about the criticism and wants to make the online gambling in Norway legal. Alternatively, Norway online gambling became even more restricted recently as the online gambling authority Norway has blocked online transactions to the international online casinos. But don’t get upset as it doesn’t mean the best online gambling sites in Norway are now closed for you. Norwegian players still successfully make their deposits in the legal online casinos outside Norway using e-wallets like Neteller or Skrill that act as the mediators between the player and the restricted casinos.
It’s especially important to play in the reputable Norwegian online casinos only as the government doesn’t support safe online gambling in Norway and will not help you if anything happens. To steer clear from the frauds and cheating, make sure you choose the approved NOK casino from the SlotsUp list and never play in the online casino for real money in Norway if it doesn’t look like a safe online casino Norway, seems doubtful or doesn’t have the licensing information clearly stated on the casino website.
History of Gambling in NorwayNorwegian gambling market has always been regulated and restricted. During its not-so-long history, it had several important points that determined its fate:
- 1902. The Penal Code is approved to create the regulated gambling market. Since then, every casino games provider should have got the state-issued license. It was the first step to the government monopoly over the gambling industry that led to the complete restriction of the international online casinos accepting Norway players.
- 1927. The Totalizator Act is passed. The Norsk Rikstoto became the only operator to provide horse betting activities.
- 1992. The next step to the state monopoly is made when the Gaming Act was approved. This is when the Norsk Tipping became responsible for the lottery and other games of chance in the NOK casinos.
- 1995. Time for the next important document. The Lottery Act described in details what are the lotteries and games of chance and how they should be regulated in the country.
- 2007. All the slots machines are completely banned by the government.
- 2008. Online gambling becomes popular and Norwegian government takes the serious step towards its regulation by prohibiting all gambling activities in the international top online casinos for Norwegian players. Now the players can only make their bets in the state-owned Norway based online casinos.
- 2009. The new life for the gaming machines has come. To fight the gambling addiction, the Norsk Tipping introduced its own gaming terminals run with the special cards that only allowed a certain number of transactions per month.
- 2010. The Payment Act is approved to block the transactions to the international best online casinos for Norwegians. In reality, transactions were only banned in 2017 to begin the new era in the history of Norway approved online casinos.
All these documents together led to the modern situations when the players need to go through many hardships to find the internet casino where they can make their real money bets.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in NorwayNorway has one of the most restricted gambling markets in Europe and it doesn’t seem that the situation will change soon. Despite the hopes of international online casinos that the laws will be liberalized and the best online casinos for Norwegian players will become available in the country, Norway decided to stick to its usual policy and leave the state monopoly unchanged. According to the Norwegian government, the main reason for such a strict policy is the desire to fight the problem gambling behavior and gambling addiction.
Even though Norway is not only prohibits gambling in the Norway online casino sites except for those two state-owned sites but also tries to block gambling transactions, players still have the access to the top 10 Norwegian online casinos with the wide choice of games and casino offers. To make the real money bets and play baccarat, video poker or mobile slots in Norway, pick one of the Norway online casinos 2017 from the SlotsUp list, create your account and make sure you have the e-wallet accepted by the casino. We are constantly updating this article with the new online casinos for Norway players and the most detailed Norway online casino reviews so if you are looking for the best online casino NOK — don’t look further and pick the one from this page.
We hope that the situation will change sooner or later and Norway will make its online gambling policy less harsh. But while we are waiting for this day to come, don’t restrain yourself and enjoy the best online gambling games in the international online casinos accepting players from Norway.